Morris County, Atlantic Health System and the State of New Jersey will establish a “Mega COVID-19 Vaccination Center” in commercial space located in Rockaway Township. More information on the center and COVID-19 testing is available below.
In partnership with Atlantic Health System and the State of New Jersey, this massive vaccination center will bring the vaccine to Morris County residents and those throughout North Jersey. This is a unique opportunity for Morris County to help bring the vaccine to thousands of people daily and to be an integral part of this historic national endeavor that will ultimately restore normalcy to the daily lives of all Americans.
It is important to note that federal and state guidelines for the issuance of COVID-19 vaccinations require that vaccinations be provided first to healthcare workers in hospitals, long term care facilities, unaffiliated physician’s offices, urgi-centers and other healthcare workers, direct care givers and EMS personnel. Individuals in long-term care facilities are also in this first priority group. The next level of vaccinations will involve first responders.
These first priority groups are expected to be using all of the available vaccine until sometime in February. Those 65 years of age or older or those with specific underlying medical conditions will then be the priority before the vaccine becomes available to the general public. The situation is evolving rapidly, so these time frames may be adjusted.
The Rockaway Mega Vaccination Center is not yet open and, when established, will not be open to the general public until future notice. No one will be permitted to walk in to the facility without authorization and no vaccine will be provided to individuals who show up unannounced.
Online registration and an 800 number call center are being established and will become available to the various priority groups and ultimately, the general public, over the course of the coming months.
As more information becomes available, the public will be made aware through press releases, the NJDOH, County and Local Health Department websites.
For more information on the “mega-sites,” read the New Jersey Department of Health Press Release.
For more information on COVID-19 vaccinations, go to the New Jersey Department of Health Vaccine Information Page.
For more information and updates about the Morris County vaccination effort, go to County's COVID-19 Site.
Morris County is now offering at-home, COVID-19 saliva and nasal testing at no cost to people who want to be tested.
- Only Morris County residents and people who work in Morris County are eligible.
- If you work in Morris County, but do not live here, you must submit proof of employment in the county such as an employee identification card or your employer’s contact information. Once that information is confirmed by our staff, you will receive an email with further instructions.
- You will be asked to provide your health insurance information, but you will not be billed. If you are not insured, your test will still be completed with no cost to you.
- Due to limited supplies, individuals will be limited to two tests per month.
Sign up for FREE at-home COVID-19 saliva and nasal testing through the County of Morris's COVID-19 Site
Morris County is also now offering no-cost, in-person saliva COVID testing at County College of Morris.
- You must present proof during the appointment that you live or work in Morris County.
- You must schedule an appointment to get your test. No walk-ins.
- You can get a test whether or not you’re experiencing symptoms.
- Don’t eat, drink, smoke, or chew gum for 30 minutes prior to your COVID test.
- You must wear a mask during your appointment.
Sign up for free at-home testing at morriscountycovid19.org.
Directions and Precautions
Parking at CCM for people with appointments will be reserved in Lot 6, where individuals using public transportation to and from CCM also may board or disembark from a bus. To find directions to CCM and learn more about public transportation options to and from the campus, please go to the CCM website.
List of Testing Sites in Morris County