Up to date information on the COVID-19 vaccine and answer to frequently asked questions are available below.
The NJDOH vaccination information page has lots of valuable, updated information on COVID-19 vaccinations. Please follow this New Jersey Department of Health vaccine information page link. This webpage is updated regularly with the newest information available. It includes information about the following):
- The definition of each priority group (Currently, Phase 1A of vaccination will include healthcare workers; Phase 1B will include frontline essential workers and individuals 75 and over; Phase 1C will include other essential workers, adults 65-74, and persons aged 16-64 with medical conditions that increase the risk for severe COVID-19. Phase 2 will include the general public, ages 16 and above. The defined priority groups may be adjusted as circumstances evolve.
- The priority group currently eligible to get vaccinated will be specified on this NJDOH website (Currently, only Healthcare workers in priority group 1A are eligible)
- Under the “Getting Vaccinated” heading on the right side of the webpage, there is a link to a list of sites where 1A healthcare workers can get vaccinated. This list is expected to expand as the vaccine becomes more available and vaccinations advance to the other priority groups over the coming weeks and months. This Phase 1A priority group should be enabled on January 6, 2021 to make appointments through the NJVSS pre-registration portal now enabled on the site.
- NJVSS Pre-Registration for vaccination is now available on the NJDOH website to anyone who would like to pre-register. Those who belong to a priority group that is authorized to receive the vaccine will receive an email confirmation that they are enabled in the system to make an appointment from the list of those locations that are offering vaccinations. Those who pre-register and are not in an authorized priority group at the time they pre-register, will receive an email confirmation informing them of this, and they will not be enabled to make an appointment until their priority group becomes authorized. There is no set schedule for when each priority group will become authorized to receive vaccine. There are many variables such as the amount of available vaccine, the available workforce and the number of participating vaccination sites, in addition to many other logistical concerns. It will likely be several weeks between priority groups, but this could change, as the situation evolves.
- A telephone call center will be established for those who have difficulty utilizing the internet or have questions about making appointments after they are authorized to do so. The call center phone number will be posted on this NJDOH website once it is launched. Please note, it is important that those interested in receiving vaccine have access to email capabilities.
- Insurance information is requested in the pre-registration portal, but no cost for the vaccination will be passed on to the consumer, regardless of the type of insurance, or the lack thereof.
For general information about the Morris County vaccination effort and the mega vaccination center that will be established at the Rockaway Mall, go to please visit the County of Morris COVID-19 Website