Effective 1/14/21, additional groups have been authorized to receive the vaccine. This now includes healthcare workers, police & fire personnel, adults 65 & over, persons aged 16-64 with specific conditions that increase the risk for severe COVID-19.
Though the vaccine is still scarce and it could take time to get an appointment, for those who’ve just been added, please attempt to register and make appointments, beginning January 14, 2021. In addition to the NJ DOH graphic that provides information on eligibility, please see the information and links below.
The NJDOH Vaccination Webpage Allows Anyone to Pre-Register for Vaccine and Offers an Opportunity to those in the Authorized Priority Group(s) to Schedule Appointments at Participating Sites that are listed on the NJDOH Vaccine Information Page Website.
When a pre-registered individual’s priority group is authorized to receive vaccine, a notification will be sent via email alerting the pre-registered individual to make their appointment at one of the participating vaccination sites listed on website.
The NJDOH vaccination information page has lots of valuable, updated information on COVID-19 vaccinations and allows for individuals to pre-register for vaccine. Please follow this link to the New Jersey Department of Health vaccine information page. This vaccination information webpage is updated regularly with the newest information available. It includes information about the following:
- Details about the different vaccines that have been developed, approved, and deployed
- The definition of the priority groups now authorized as of January 14th to receive vaccine. Please see the attached document for details . This includes healthcare workers, police and fire personnel; adults 65 and over, persons aged 16-64 with specific medical conditions that increase the risk for severe COVID-19.
- The priority group(s) currently eligible to get vaccinated will be specified on this NJDOH website
- Under the “Getting Vaccinated” heading on the right side of the webpage, there is a link to a list of sites where those in the authorized priority group(s) can get vaccinated. This list of sites is expected to expand as the vaccine becomes more available.
- NJVSS Pre-Registration for vaccination is now available on this NJDOH website to anyone who would like to pre-register. Those who belong to a priority group(s) that are authorized to receive the vaccine will receive an email confirmation that they are enabled in the system to make an appointment from the list of those locations that are offering vaccinations. It is not known at this time when other priority groups beyond those listed above will become eligible to receive vaccine. There are many variables such as the amount of available vaccine, the available workforce and the number of participating vaccination sites, in addition to many other complex logistical issues. The public in the authorized priority groups are asked to remain patient as it could take weeks for appointments to become available at vaccination sites.
- A telephone call center has been established where further information can be obtained 973-829-8259. The call center will be staffed seven days a week, during business hours. Please note, it is important that those interested in receiving vaccine have access to email capabilities; however, information may be obtained by calling the provided number.
- Insurance information is requested in the pre-registration portal, but no cost for the vaccination will be passed on to the consumer, regardless of the type of insurance, or the lack thereof.
Morris County Mega Vaccine Center
Residency in Morris County is not required for this Vaccination Center . At this time, COVID vaccinations at this, or any site, are for the authorized priority groups specified above, only
Registration Instructions for Authorized Priority Groups at the Mega Vaccination Center, Sears Building, Rockaway Townsquare Mall – This site needs to be registered for independently from the sites listed on the NJDOH website.
- Please use the linkhttps://bit.ly/3onkSkC to register and schedule an appointment at the Morris County Mega Vaccination Center. For those who are unable to schedule an appointment because none are available, additional appointments will be released as allocations of the vaccine are received.
- A telephone call center has been established where further information can be obtained 973-829-8259. The call center will be staffed seven days a week, during business hours.
- The Center is a collaborative effort of Atlantic Health System, Morris County, and the State of New Jersey. It’s located inside the former Sears building at the Rockaway Townsquare Mall, in Rockaway. Sign up for additional COVID-19 information and vaccine updates from Atlantic Health System through the Atlantic Health COVID-19 Vaccine Webpage.