Beginning on or about 9/6/2023, construction will begin on the Rt. 23 Sewer Extension Project. In addition to Rt. 23, sewer mains will be installed along East Garden Place and Highland Avenue. Construction is expected to last at least 6 months.
The Contractor for this project is P&A Construction Inc. There will be additional notifications when work directly in front of your home/business is imminent.
We realize that this construction can be an inconvenience for you while the work is being done. Listed below are a few things to expect during the project:
- Except for emergencies and where other hours are required by the New Jersey Department of Transportation, work will be performed between 7:00 AM and 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday.
- Certain roads, portions of roads, and parking lot entrances/exits may be closed during the daytime work hours listed above for certain portions of the project.
- You will have overnight access to your homes and driveways, unless an unexpected problem occurs.
- You will receive additional notice when construction directly impacts your property’s access.
- Recycling collection will continue during this project and construction should not impact solid waste collection or any other deliveries made to your property.
H2M Associates, Inc., of Butler, NJ, will oversee construction of this project. Their Construction Observer will be on site during the construction and will be available to help answer your questions or concerns. You can reach the Construction Administrator, Carmine Esposito, or the Project Manager, Alec Mittiga, P.E., at (973) 492-3300 during business hours. The 24-hour emergency telephone number is (973) 835-1700 (Pequannock Police Department). The police will be able to contact the contractor 24 hours a day, every day.
Additionally, should you have any questions or issues and wish to speak to a Township representative, please contact Adam Brewer, Township Manager.
We thank you for your patience and cooperation while we work to improve our infrastructure.