Thank you for visiting your Pequannock Township Engineering page. The Engineering page is best for information regarding infrastructure projects. We typically update this page once a month or when new information is available. Please let friends and family know this is the page current information.
Please help us identify the most important items that should be found via the “Engineering” subsection of your Township web page. We are in the planning stage of improving the site and could really use your input. What is most important to you; what type of updates are important; information that can be downloaded, maps, reports, procedural, etc. If you visited another towns engineering page and found it comprehensive, we want to hear about it. Please email me your ideas, constructive criticism, likes, dislikes, and/or anything that might improve our services. My email address is listed above. Thank you for taking the time to provide valuable input.
Most importantly, let me thank all of our residents for your patience and consideration. Construction projects can be very stressful with unexpected delays, detours, rough road surface, noise, dust, and overall frustration with communications and changing schedules. We really appreciate everyone’s cooperation and understanding as we work together, as a community, to improve our aging infrastructure.
Hillview Road/Beaverbrook Road Improvements
The Township received a grant to improve Hillview Road from the intersection of Hillview Road and Jacksonville Road to the border of Lincoln Park (Beaverbrook Road). The project includes road repair and resurfacing. Project scheduled to begin April 13, 2020. (Note: All construction schedules subject to COVID-19 restrictions)
Roadway Resurfacing Program, 2020
The resurfacing program anticipates the following roads for 2020:
- Mandeville Avenue - from Boulevard to 250’ of W. Parkway & Henry
- Cameron Avenue - Entire length
- Della Avenue - Entire length
- Pomona Avenue - Entire Length
- Alexander Avenue - Entire Length (Sidewalk along Woodland Lake)
- Abbey Lane - Entire Length
- Hanna Court - Entire Lane
- Michael Court - Entire Length
The Engineering Department continues to pursue grant opportunities based on availability and need. Please contact the Engineering Department if you are aware of grant opportunities that we may have missed. The following grant applications are pending:
- NJDOT Municipal Aid, 2018 - The Township received a joint grant to restore Hillview Road (alongside the airport) from Jacksonville Road to the Lincoln Park Border. This project is scheduled for 2020.
- NJDOT Municipal Aid, 2019 - Application was filed to resurface West Parkway from Sunset Road to Foothills Park. This project is completed.
- NJDOT Municipal Aid, 2020 - Application was filed to resurface Alexander Avenue from the Turnpike to Route 23. The Township received a grant in the amount of $300,000. Project includes sidewalks along Alexander Avenue near Woodland Lake. Permitting underway, construction late 2020.
Please feel free to contact the Engineering office during regular business hours if you have any questions, comments, or require additional information.
Alert Dog Park (Revision 3)
The high water inundating the Dog Park has receded. The park is open with no new restrictions.
Resident Groundwater Bulletin
Review the Resident Groundwater Bulletin (PDF).
Alert Groundwater (Revision 4)
Recent dry weather patterns supported groundwater levels returning to near normal levels. Please note the area remains susceptible to rising water levels depending on fall weather patterns.
Sump Pump Systems
Throughout the recent 12 month period, high groundwater caused sump pump systems to operate well above average periods. The good news is forecasts indicate weather patterns are trending toward historic norms. Accordingly, we anticipate sump systems will operate at a frequency closer to normal.
Please note individual homeowners are responsible to keep sidewalks and roads free of ice created by sump discharge. Additional information regarding groundwater and sump systems is available by clicking the sump information link below.
Additional Groundwater Data
Review the United States Geological Survey Groundwater Watch page for additional groundwater data. You can access daily information through the Groundwater Watch page.