The Pequannock Township Health Department, Division of Vital Records issues certified copies of Birth, Death, Marriage, Civil Union and Domestic Partnership events which occurred within the Township of Pequannock. Division of Vital Records issues only certified (raised sealed) copies of Vital Records that may be used for identification purposes. Every attempt will be made to issue a birth / marriage / death certificate at the counter, however, circumstances may arise that may prevent over the counter issuance of a certificate. In this case, the application will be accepted at the counter and the certificate will be mailed to the applicant in a timely manner.
Vital Statistic Records are Not Public Information
Vital records may only be obtained by one of the following persons: Individual of the vital record, parent(s), sibling(s), spouse, or legal guardian (with proper paperwork.) once the relationship to the person listed on the vital record is established.
You must provide acceptable identification in order to get a copy of any vital record. The following are acceptable forms of identification:
- A current, valid photo driver's license or photo non-driver's license with current address
- A current, valid driver's license without photo and one alternate form of identification (PDF) with current address
- Two alternate forms of identification (PDF), one of which must have current address.
To get a copy of a vital record, you must submit:
- A completed application (PDF)
- A copy of the proof(s) of your identity
- Proof of your relationship to the person listed on the vital record you are requesting
- How to Prove Relationship
- Date and the event of the vital record
- The required fee:
- $25 for the initial search and one certified copy of the record; and $5 for each additional copy of the same record ordered at the same time. (Cash or money order payable to Pequannock Township - NO PERSONAL CHECKS)
When applying by mail please include a return self addressed, stamped envelope. Mail all requests to:
Pequannock Township Health Department
Attn: Vital Records
530 Newark-Pompton Turnpike
Pompton Plains, NJ 07444
If you desire further information please call the Pequannock Township Division of Vital Records at 973-835-5700, ext. 127.